available a downloadable package of this course
introduces the methodology and process of Experience Capitalization.
EXPERIENCE CAPITALIZATION is…
“… a method through which helps development practitioners learn from their own experience and contribute to the development of practice-based knowledge. It is a process through which an experience is identified, validated and documented, leading to learning and identification of good practices. Such practices can then be adapted, improved, adopted by others and up-scaled, leading to a greater impact”
(Capitalization of Experiences for Greater Impact in Rural Development’ project, 2016-2019, conducted by CTA in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations FAO and the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture IICA, with financial support from the International Fund for Agricultural Development IFAD).
The course is designed for professionals involved in reflecting upon, learning from and sharing the lessons of their work. Therefore, team leaders, managers, project and programme technical staff, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officers, communication and information professionals and Knowledge Management (KM) & Knowledge Sharing (KS) professionals.
Depending on the learning needs, this course can take up to 10 hours.
With this course you will learn:
- How to facilitate and plan an experience capitalization process
- How to conduct an experience capitalization process step by step
- How to adopt, adapt, scale up and mainstream experience capitalization
HOW TO ACCESS THE COURSE?
- Go to the FAO E-learning Centre
- Select the category Information management and knowledge sharing
- Select Experience Capitalization for Continuous Learning
- Register and log-in with your user name and password.
- Research4Life TRAINING Materials: Be an advocate for the quality research in agriculture, health, environment, law, development and innovation!
- Take a look at the online training course materials on Open Data Management in Agriculture, Nutrition and Land, under the DFID funded project GODAN Action
- Capacity Development Working Group of the RDA Interest Group on Agricultural Data (IGAD)
- Free Open Science TRAINING e-courses (FOSTER)
- Capitalization of Experiences for Greater Impact in Rural Development
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is offering free general courses on 'Intellectual Property' and allied areas
- Experience Capitalization (CTA)
- This CTA cap_exp DGroup (join for free!) is the top level conversation platform of the Community of Practice (CoP) to learn and share about the Capitalisation of Experiences (Cap_Exp) approach
- Experience Capitalization: Focusing On Resilience (FAO)
- DEVELOPING A TAXONOMY FOR AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT: A documented taxonomy approach, TAPipedia illustrates a process to developing a taxonomy for Capacity Development (CD) for Agricultural Innovation Systems (AIS)
- NEPAD: Transforming Africa: the New Partnership for Africa's Development is the development agency of the African Union
- Africa's Capacity Development Strategic Framework (NEPAD)
- Making sense of skills. A UK skills taxonomy (by Djumalieva and Sleeman, NESTA, 2019)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -