Title of the Webinar: Supporting Data Literacy
Date & Time : 12 December at 14.00 - 15.00 CET
Speakers: Robin Rice and John Southall : authors of The Data Librarian’s Handbook
The webinar will be focused on how librarians can support data literacy for their users and for themselves.
Robin Rice will kick off the webinar with an overview of topics in data literacy-related support and training:
- promoting data citation and open licenses,
- data discovery and access methods,
- data formats and standards,
- data handling and statistical literacy.
Questions will be raised about librarians’ role in data literacy training and how data literate librarians need to be, – to stimulate thoughts from the audience during the interactive part of the webinar.John Southhall will then discuss recent work on improving data literacy for library support staff at the University of Oxford. This includes:
- general sessions on the principles of research data management for library staff, and
- organising a series of termly data briefings,
- existing training refined to target subject and divisional needs such as in the Medical Sciences Division. John Southhall will give some examples of the feedback he has received on success in developing new data-centric jobs within the Bodleian Libraries.Source : LIBER