We are pleased to invite you to attend an upcoming Webinar on AGRIS for
Agricultural Information Users
This Webinar is co-organized by Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO of the UN) together with Information Training & Outreach Centre for Africa (ITOCA).
|DATE:||Friday, 4 May 2018|
|TIME:||14:00 Hrs SAST (South Africa Time to Local Time Conversion)|
|TARGET AUDIENCE:||The webinar is open to existing and potential Users of AGRIS|
FILL IN THIS FORM
This webinar will introduce AGRIS (the International System for Agricultural Science and Technology), - a global public domain database with more than 9 million structured bibliographical records on agricultural science and technology.
AGRIS covers the wide range of subjects related to agriculture science and technology, including forestry, animal husbandry, aquatic sciences and fisheries, human nutrition, and extension.
Its content includes theses, conference papers, government publications, unique grey literature such as unpublished scientific and technical reports, etc.
Since 1975, AGRIS has been maintained by the FAO of the UN to serve users from developed and developing countries through facilitating access to available knowledge in agriculture, science and technology.
Currently the AGRIS portal is used by an average of 600,000 users a month and most of these users are from the Western World with a minimal number from Africa.
In a move to increase the number of users from Africa, AGRIS is inviting existing and potential users to attend this webinar and learn more about AGRIS and the benefits of using this portal.
FOLLOWING TOPICS WILL BE COVERED :
- What is AGRIS?
- Who uses AGRIS?
- The AGRIS collection
- The AGRIS Portal
- How to search for content in AGRIS?
Mercy Moyo :
- AGRIS Advanced Search Possibilities (Part 1)
- AGRIS Advanced Possibilities (Part 2)
- AGRIS content coverage: facilitating access to global agricultural literature
- FAO - AGRIS (International Information System for the Agricultural Science and Technology) reaches 9,153,738 records (March 2018)
- AGRIS for Agricultural Information Data providers (recorded webinar)
- AgroTagger classifier. Leveraging the knowledge encoded in AGROVOC for AGRIS items
- Celli F, Malapela T, Wegner K et al. AGRIS: providing access to agricultural research data exploiting open data on the web [version 1; referees: 2 approved]. F1000Research 2015, 4:110 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.6354.1)
- Join AGRIS DGroup
- Discover FAO-AGROVOC and other Data Standards on the VEST / AgroPortal platform