In September 2018, Australian National Data Service (ADNS) released some guidance on LICENSING for DATA. This new guide includes three flowcharts for data rightsholders, data users and data suppliers.
In particular, this comprehensive Guide provides information relevant to data owners, users and suppliers.
It includes flowcharts to guide decision making about data licensing and data reuse. The Guide covers:
- Copyright basics
- Copyright and data
- Who owns your data?
- Rights management for data you own or create
- Choosing a licence & Creative Commons
- Considerations for data you reuse
- Complying with licence permissions
- Considerations for data supplied through a facility
- Support for licensing in data facilities
- Information Guide: Introduction to Ownership of Rights in Research Data / DATASET LICENCING: Choose the Right Rights, Use the Data Right, by CREATe, University of Glasgow, 2018. Documentation. University of Glasgow
- License your Research Data with help of FACT SHEET on CREATIVE COMMONS & OPEN SCIENCE
- Open Data Management MOOC: Unit 5: Intellectual Property and Copyright
- Implement effective Open Data & Keep it alive with Open Data TOOLKIT
And, thanks again for your interest !