Supported by the European Commission and African Union Commission, IST-Africa 2019 (May) is the fourteenth in an annual series of Ministerial level Technology Research Conferences. The host country and dates in May will be published after Cabinet approval has been finalised.
IST-Africa provides a platform in Africa to strengthen ICT-enabled Innovation, Science and Technology related policy dialogues within Africa and between Africa and Europe, Global Development, Research and Innovation Cooperation and Community Building. It also provides an opportunity to identify potential partners for future research cooperation under Horizon 2020.
IST-Africa is a unique community that brings together cross-disciplinary stakeholders from public, private, education and research, societal sector with end user communities focused on ICT and Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Research and Innovation.
THEMATIC AREAS INCLUDE:
- Next Generation Computing (Big data, Cloud computing, Future Internet, Internet of Things);
- Content Technologies (Languages, Digital Preservation);
- Technology-enhanced Learning;
- eInfrastructures and NRENs; Energy;
- Cyber Security;
- Collaborative Open Innovation and ICT-enabled Entrepreneurship;
- Global Development including ICT4D;
- Societal Implications of Technology.
Full Paper Submission
IST-Africa 2019 Call for Papers invites full papers (8 pages in length) using the paper guidelines and IST-Africa template provided here to be submitted online for review by 15 December 2018.
It is necessary for the paper submitted to include a unique element that has not previously been published and any previous published materials to be clearly referenced (including material previously published by the authors).
As papers are double blind peer reviewed, please insert all authors details within the online submission form and no author details within the Word document uploaded. Save the document as .doc format prior to uploading.
It is necessary for all papers to be uploaded by the corresponding author via http://www.ist-africa.org/Conference2019/default.asp?page=submission in .doc format. Each author will present one paper in the programme.
* Digitisation and Digital Preservation Workshop to be held at the University of Nairobi, Kenya, 11-14 February 2019. DURASPACE community is looking for an expert speaker with experience in managing digital images in DSpace who could participate in the workshop and guide the attendees through DSpace workflows and processes as a hands-on activity. Rather than a DSpace Developer, a DSpace User - possibly living not very far from Kenya - is welcomed who could show how to use the tool. Let firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday November 9, 2018 know if you are interested in the initiative and, if so, send a brief bio with information about your experience in the domain. Accommodation and travel expenses will be covered by the event.