Open Data Day 2019 is closer each day and we’re excited to see the ODD events map slowly coming together in different parts of the world!
OPEN DATA DAY
International Open Data Day (ODD; #OpenDataDay) is an annual event that promotes awareness and use of Open Data all over the world. Different communities of practice keep creating local events on this day.
As always, during ODD, the international community expects to gain momentum and highlight the different uses that Open Data can have in different contexts.
ABOUT POLICIES AND USES OF OPEN DATA IN LATIN AMERICA...
In its first phase ILDA conducted a series of basic and applied research to understand and map the Open Data ecosystem in Latin America. This is the list of the research the ILDA conducted:
During the ODD, ILDA will provide funds to support specifically events that take place in countries in Latin America, without specific track limitation!
Open Data Day 2019 mini-grant application
A mini-grant is a small fund of between $200-$300 for groups to organize Open Data Day events. Event organisers can only apply once and for just one category, so choose well.
There are some important things to be aware of:
The deadline for applications has been extended for 10th February, 2019!
By making Your Voice heard, You will bring even more life to the upcoming exciting ODD events!
OPEN...: LOOKING FURTHER AHEAD:
- Discover GODAN Action free online 'Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition' Course Units
- Implement effective Open Data & Keep it alive with Open Data TOOLKIT
- Get Full-Text content via Research4Life enhanced with new Country-Specific Search in Summon!
- Looking for Agricultural Science and Technology Data & Information? Discover FAO AGRIS (International Information System for the Agricultural Science and Technology) - a free of charge service that provides access and visibility to bibliographic data on research papers, reports, multimedia material, grey literature and other content types in agricultural and related sciences
- Key data categories for agriculture, datasets and data standards (Open Data Charter). Based on consultations with the agricultural and open data community, 14 key data categories from government sources have emerged
- Free Open Science TRAINING e-courses (FOSTER)
- The OPEN SCIENCE Training Handbook (FOSTER)
- Free Open Science MOOC : enroll & catch up with developments in Open Science across the world
- EDX e-course: Open Science: Sharing Your Research with the World : Explore ways to apply Open Science principles to academic work - including your own. Learn how to share your research effectively and responsibly, building greater visibility and impact
Women need access to open data with potential application for agriculture (CTA video, Youtube)
We need to talk about data (and how to avoid feeling like an imposter) (ODI video, Youtube)
Readying Your University to Open Data Compliance (recorded GODAN Webinar, Youtube). The session began with an explanation of Presidents United to Solve Hunger (PUSH) and definitions of open data. Then Utah State University representatives described their policies and guidance to help faculty comply with funders’ Data Management and Open Data requirements.
How Open Data can help Indian farmers adapt to climate change (Far Eastern Agriculture)
E-consultation archive on ethical, legal and policy aspects of data sharing affecting farmers (FAO e-agriculture). Check this summary also in PDF version.
- Discover FOODIE Specialized Platform Hub for open data collection, management, integration and analysis in the Agri-food sector
- Search for Open Content with help of simple Tutorials created by OER Africa
- Tanzania Open Data Portal and Four tailored E-learning modules to help clean, organise, publish and use its data
On 4 September 2018, a group of national research funding organizations, with the support of the European Commission and the European Research Council (ERC), announced the launch of COAlition S, an initiative to make full and immediate Open Access (OA) to research publications a reality. It is built around Plan S, which consists of one target and 10 principles (Science Europe, 2019). The target is: "By 2020 scientific publications that result from research funded by public grants provided by participating national and European research councils and funding bodies, must be published in compliant Open Access Journals or on compliant Open Access Platforms"
Become a GODAN (Global Open Data for Agriculture & Nutrition) Partner. GODAN is a rapidly growing group, with up to 900 partners from national governments, non-governmental, international and private sector organisations that have committed to a joint Statement of Purpose
Did you know that the FAO of the UN AGROVOC multilingual thesaurus has been released as Open Data set for re-use as a Linked Open Data under the international CC-BY IGO 3.0. license? You are invited to contribute to expansion of the AGROVOC knowledge base!