Open Data Day (ODD; #OpenDataDay) is an annual celebration of open data all over the world. Groups from around the world keep creating local events on the day where they use Open Data in their communities. As always, during ODD we expect to gain momentum and highlight the different uses that Open Data can have in different contexts.
The ODD 2018 was an opportunity to show the benefits of Open Data and encourage the adoption of Open Data policies in government, business and civil society. Check out also the Lookback on Open Data Day 2017.
All outputs are/will be open for everyone to use and re-use.
"First of all, we were happy to see that this year a total of 406 events were registered on our world map! This is almost 100 more events registered in the opendataday.org map than last year. We have noticed growth mostly in the global south, specifically in African and Latin American countries.
Stay tuned by future news on the Open Data Day website.
The focus of Open Data Day 2018 was focused on four key themes:
1. Open science & Open research data
2. Tracking public money flows & open contracting
3. Open mapping
4. Open data for equal development
Just to name a few EVENTS during International Open Data Day 2018:
- Crowd2Map, Data Zetu and HOT have organised a free 3 day event
- Open Data Day: OpenStreetMap Training event at the Institute of Rural Development Planning, Mwanza, Tanzania
- Celebrating Open Data Day 2018 with communities from Mexico to Guatemala
Related ... or Get Inspired:
- Open Data in a Day : ODI introductory course (ODI)
- What is 'Open Data'? (ANDS)
- Open Data Essentials (The World Bank)
FAOSTAT provides free access to food and agriculture data for over 245 countries and territories and covers all FAO regional groupings from 1961 to the most recent year available.
- OPEN DATA : Looking Back, Looking Ahead
- Implement effective Open Data & Keep it alive with Open Data TOOLKIT
- GODAN e-learning course on Open Data & Research Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition
- Contribute to Open Science MOODLE
- The OPEN SCIENCE Training Handbook (FOSTER)
- Recorded Webinar : Using Open Data (The Open Data Institute)
- Open Data stories (The Open Data Institute)
- Measuring open data : A look at the four tools for assessing open data publication (Open Data Charter)
- Open & Big Data : shifts in roles, power relations, quality and knowledge integration
- The Global Open Data Index (GODI), Open Data Census and Survey : Advancing the State of Open Data Through Dialogue
- Code for Africa : towards people-driven Open Data & Open Government
- Open Data Awareness Program for Nepal’s digital natives
- Recorded Webinar 'Advocating for Open Data' (European Data Portal)
- Recorded Webinar : Strategies for Supporting Collaborations and Building Relationships for Opening Data in Agriculture (GODAN)
- Recorded Webinar : What is GODAN? Network, Action & Secretariat (GODAN)
- Recorded Webinar : Recorded Webinar : Using Open Data (The Open Data Institute)