The Pre-Research Data Alliance (RDA) Symposium : "The critical role of university Research Data Management infrastructure in transforming data to knowledge" - - as a precursor event to the RDA plenary meeting in Berlin, 21.-23. March 2018 - - will take place on 19.-20. March 2018, in Göttingen.
A call for abstracts and other contributions will be released shortly on Göttingen eResearch Alliance website.
All over the world universities and libraries have started the task of developing research data management (RDM) services. Ideally such initiatives aim to result in a complete service portfolio covering the entire research lifecycle:
- - - See, for example, EUDAT: Research data infrastructure and European Open Science Cloud vision.
- - - See, for example, DSpace-GLAM based on DSpace-CRIS : Manage, Analyze & Preserve your digital heritage.
- - - See, for example, the European Data Portal e-learning programme,
This broad scope means that such services are often seen as requiring a joint effort from university, library, IT center, faculties and other stakeholders.
Currently nowhere in the world such a complete support scenario has been established.
It is timely for actors in the various dimensions of such initiatives internationally to share their experiences, research and insights.
This Symposium will explore the topic and hear research and practice papers and lightening talks from organisations that have started to offer such services in whole or in part on their campus. The symposium will provide a forum for universities and libraries to share their experience and to learn from each other.
Source: Göttingen eResearch Alliance
- Take Survey (TILL 20 OCTOBER, 2017) to Help identify Data Management practices and related challenges within the Rice Community
- Take Survey (TILL 20 OCTOBER, 2017) on Metrics and Indicators to help share Good Practices in the Agricultural context
- You are invited to participate in an NSF-sponsored research questionnaire "Scientists and research data: Continuing to build an understanding of your data needs", in which the DataONE (Data Observation Network for Earth) organization is investigating how scientists work. Your responses will help better understand how scientists manage their data, which will then allow DataONE to better serve their data management needs.
- This special AIMS October 2017 e-newsletter focuses on upcomig free E-earning activities from AIMS community of the FAO of the UN. Moreover, this newsletter highlights several good practices in Data Management, upcoming events, recorded webinars, open access articles focused on Research Data Management and Semantics.
- IGAD Data Experts shared their Knowledge & Expertise at the RDA-IGAD Pre-Meeting in Montreal. Get inspired !
- A Research Data Policy at Wageningen University & Research: Best Practices as a Framework
- Göttingen eResearch Alliance about eResearch related questions and Data Management issues
- Data Management & Permanent Access to Digital Research Resources : learning from DANS Institute
- Articulating the value of DATA with the Australian National Data Service (ANDS)
- Assigning METADATA as method to support DIGITAL DATA CURATION in trusted repositories
- Recorded (ANDS) - FAIR ((Findable, Interoperable, Accessible, Reusable) Webinar series
- CESSDA Research Data Management for Open Data doctoral training series: RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT AND OPEN DATA