A half day workshop on the emerging area:
Research Data Management (RDM) & Service: Roles for Libraries & Librarians
is being organized as part of the International Conference on Changing Landscape of Science & Technology Libraries
Please register for the conference: http://events.iitgn.ac.in/2017/CLSTL/registration/ and avail the benefit of this workshop on RDM without any additional cost.
Date*: 3rd March, 2017 (Friday)
Time*: 2.00 - 6.30 p.m.
Resource Person*: Ms.Louise Corti, Associate Director, UK Data Archive,
University of Essex. UK.
This workshop will cover the following aspects including different tools &
techniques which form an essential part of Data Research Cycle
- Discovery & Planning for Data Management
- Collection of data
- Data processing and analysis
- Administration- IPR
- Publishing & sharing
- Long term management
- Reusing data
- Training, literacy & Support service
- Best practices and examples of libraries who have implemented RDM and related aspects
In addition, successful case studies covering UK Data Archives and a few
other from India will be presented.
Learning outcomes of the workshop:
- Awareness about current key factors and core issues involved in offering RDM & related services
- Identify best practices of libraries around the world in delivering Research Data Service
- Network with professionals working in similar institutions in addressing RDM
- Discover ways and means to create new roles for LIS Professionals in the context of RDM