As part of the 5-year “Leading Integrated Research for Agenda 2030 in Africa” (LIRA 2030 Africa) programme, the International Council for Science (ICSU), in partnership with the Network of African Science Academies (NASAC) and the International Social Science Council (ISSC) will support up to 11 collaborative research projects across Africa (to the value of up to 90,000 Euro each over two years) that will that explore integrated approaches for sustainable urban development in Africa.
African early career scientists are invited to submit collaborative research proposals that apply a systems approach to analyzing urban processes in Africa. These projects are expected to examine the inherent complexity of cities, to explore the interconnections, trade-offs and synergies between different dimensions of urban systems, e.g. governance, human and social capital, environment, economic systems and infrastructure.
The call for pre-proposals aims to identify collaborative research projects in Africa that bring together African early career scientists from different scientific disciplines and key stakeholders (e.g. local authorities, policy makers, built environment professionals, the private sector, civil society and citizens) in research co-design and co-production.
Applicants should have no more than 10 years work experience following their PhDs or equivalent research experience.
The deadline for pre-proposal submission is 14 May 2018 (18:00 CET). Submission of pre-proposals and relevant documents may only be made using the online application form, following instructions provided in the call for pre-proposals.
More information about call can be found here http://bit.ly/2FeJA4g
We would very much appreciate if you could disseminate the call through your relevant networks,
On behalf of CODATA | http://www.codata.org
- 25 - 27 April 2018 : East Africa Digital Farmers Conference & Exhibition, Kenya
14-18 May : Indepth Research Services invites you to an international training workshop on Agricultural Biotechnology, Kenya
- 30 May - 1 June 2018 : 4th IAALD Africa Conference: Agricultural Innovations, Information and Knowledge: Catalyzing the Attainment of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the African Union Agenda 2063, Pretoria
- 30 -31 August 2018 : SDG-Conference: Towards Zero Hunger - Partnerships for impact, the Netherlands
- 5-8 November 2018 : SciDataCon 2018 : The Digital Frontiers of Global Science - part of International Data Week (Gaborone, Botswana) Now accepting submission for paper abstracts and posters!
- Leading Integrated Research for Agenda 2030 in Africa (LIRA 2030 Africa) programme
- CTA2017: A YEAR IN REVIEW: MOVING TO NEXT-GENERATION FARMING
- CTA Policy brief focuses on weather information services for smallholder farmers
- Drones in Agriculture :: Free eBook Available
- 2015 Africa Data Consensus Study at the High Level Conference on the Data Revolution
And, thanks again for your interest !