An international training on “Management of Technology and Extension for Soil Testing based advisory Services to Farmers” under Feed the Future India Triangular Training (FTF ITT) of USAID and MEA, Govt. of India was inaugurated at ICAR-Indian Institute of Soil Science (ICAR-IISS), Bhopal on January 31, 2018. The main focus of this training is to make best use of soil resources in many African and Asian countries.
Twenty-one Executives from seven countries (Afghanistan, Myanmar from Asia and Kenya, Ghana, Malawi, Liberia, and Uganda from Africa) are participating in this training which is being organized at the institute during 30th January – 13th February, 2018.
The programme includes Triangular Cooperation adapting technological advances and innovative solutions to address Food Security Challenges in Africa and Asia.
The programme is being sponsored by USAID and MANAGE, Hyderabad is designated for operationalization of FTF ITT.
The objectives of the training is to:
- Introduce the concept of soil testing, soil health, and soil test based balanced fertilizer management;
- Apprise the participants about the basic requirement of establishing a soil water tissue testing laboratory;
- Impart skills on new and innovative soil health management strategies for sustainable agriculture leading to conservation of natural resources in different cropping systems;
- Impart training on soil analysis methods, obtaining results and their interpretation;
- Introduce the concept of farmers’ participatory diagnosis of constraints and opportunities (PDCO) survey for soil fertility management in relation to crop production;
- Introduce the use of internet and mobiles in the dissemination of soil test based fertilizer recommendations, also the soil fertility maps and fertilizer nutrient recommendations based on these maps.
It might be also of your interest: