As part of an ongoing ICT4D Webinar series, the Catholic Relief Services (CRS), ICTD4D Conference and the NetHope Solutions Center are promoting a webinar on Transforming Agriculture Through Digital Financial Innovations.
The webinar will take place on October 08, 2019 at 10:00 am (US East).
To register please visit here.
Ph. by NetHope Solutions Center
Digital innovation in rural financial services has the potential to be a game changer for achieving sustainable agriculture and global growth. Smallholder farmers and small enterprises in developing countries often lack the required investment capital and access to financial services, as well as the digital and financial literacy necessary for success.
Drawing from first-hand experience, the diverse speaker panel, including AIMS team, will focus this webinar, part of an ongoing series around ICT4D, on how to design the digital financial innovation with the User in mind, why going beyond technologies is crucial, and how to combine new innovations with actionable information.
The AIMS Team will touch on online training and capacity development for farmers: Different types of digital technologies for building farm skills, financial and technical literacy particularly in relation to the Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) provided about farm data management by the team.
Discussion topics will include:
- Overview: Digital trends and innovations for financial inclusion of smallholder farmers and the rural poor (new actors, new tech: machine learning, satellite data, etc.)
- Digital/ Economic identity to assess creditworthiness of farmers
- The challenge of scale affecting many innovative tools and technologies. How can public and private organizations address this and reach those currently excluded?
- E-Learning and capacity building for farmers: Different types of digital technologies for building farm skills, financial and technical literacy
- How to improve cross sector partnerships and data sharing for more success in ICT4ag?