Stay tuned! #RDAPlenary
During the 8th @OpenAIRE_eu workshop at the #RDAPlenary, the new OpenAIRE Legal study on the EC Open Research Data Pilot and Personal Data Rules was discussed. All presentations from OpenAIRE workshop on how to improve the discoverability and reusability of research publications and data can be found HERE.
# "What good can come from freeing up access to digital content? The exciting thing is we don’t yet know the half of it! ... We want to share these preliminary findings with you so that they can be refined and tailored to best meet the needs of the RDA conference participants..., - Text and Data Mining policies and solutions - RDA 9th Plenary BoF meeting.
# Fidability, Accessibility, Interoperability, and Reusability (FAIR) principles should be applied “not only to ‘data’ in the conventional sense, but also to the algorithms, tools, and workflows that led to that data”, - SCIENTIFIC DATA.
@ "Data interoperability and community cooperation"; "Not just Open but also FAIR"; "Harmonization regulations, standards, knowledge legal aspects, proper attribution & credit for work - keywords #researchdata", -#RDAPlenary
IT'S ALL ABOUT : TOWARDS OPEN RESEARCH DATA :
compliant with legal obligations ?
Take a deeper look at how OpenAIRE provides researcher support and services for the Open Research Data Pilot and investigates its legal ramifications. Within its legal task, data protection barriers to data sharing in the context of the Open Research Data Pilot are analysed. Therefore, the relevant European legislative acts are described as well as those of selected EU Member States.
Take a look at the report and keep an eye out for the following subject matters:
Authors: N. Dietrich, L. Guibault, O. Salamanca, K. Siewicz, G. Spindler, A. Wiebe and S. Yakovleva. Contact: [email protected]ettingen.de
This document is a summary of a much larger study which shall be released and made openly available soon.
Find out more:
- RDA 9th Plenary Joint meeting: OpenAIRE workshop - Legal issues in Open Research Data
- The OpenMinTeD and FutureTDM projects focus strongly on better access to TDM
- Awareness sheets are one of the major dissemination materials of the FutureTDM, ranging from different themes such as Stories, Projects, Organisations, Challenges, Tools…etc.
- Legal Barriers and Recommendations (FutureTDM)
- RDA 9th Plenary Joint meeting: WG Teaching TDM on Education and Skill Development, WG Data Science and data-related education and training certification and accreditation schemes
- Open Data Legal and Ethical Issues : Exercise (FOSTER)
- DUTCH TECHCENTER FOR LIFE SCIENCES - FAIR DATA
- Put FAIR principles into practice and enjoy your data!