Organisation for Woman in Science for the developing word (OWSD) is proud to announce that the call for applications is now open and the forms are online! The Fellowship is offered to women scientists from Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) to undertake PhD research in the Natural, Engineering and Information Technology sciences at a host institute in the South.
Please note that as from 2017, the OWSD PhD Fellowships applications will be collected through an online system only.
Each fellowship is offered for up to four years and can cover the following:
- Monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses while in the host country
- Travel allowance to attend international conferences
- Return ticket from the home country to the host institute for the agreed research period
- Visa expenses
- Annual medical insurance contribution
- The opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops, on a competitive basis
- Study fees (including tuition and registration fees) in agreement with the chosen host institute
For details, please visit the OWSD website here.