Figure 1 shows the FarmerZone™ ecosystem. This includes data providers, the platform operators, providers of AI-based advisories, agri-experts, agri-industry and of course the farmers themselves.
Click here for detailed EoI document for creation, management and maintenance of FarmerZone™ cloud platform. Last date of submission-17 November 2018
FarmerZone™ is the Department of Biotechnology’s (DBT) vision for a cloud service that will offer curated data solutions leading to improved farm productivity and market connectivity for smallholder farmers.
FarmerZone™ will serve as a multi-purpose window for dissemination of farm-level information to farmers from dealing with climate change and weather prediction, to matters of land, soil, water, seed and market linkages serving as a single platform for collecting, curating and analyzing data and distributing it as need-based solutions. It aims to eliminate the data silos that currently inhibit the sharing of agricultural information, by incentivizing all key actors in the smallholder agriculture value chain to share their resources in a mutually beneficial model.
The platform will work on getting relevant quality data related to agriculture into the cloud, developing sentinel sites to help link with farmers. This will be the authoritative platform for agri advisories in India.
Interested firms/companies are required to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) along with Technical Proposal, documents in support of PQC and information required as per following documentation.
- IASSIST 2019 Conference : Call for proposals "Data Down Under: Exploring DATA FIRSTS” (applications will close December 23, 2018)
- The theme for Love Data Week 2019 has been decided on "Data in everyday life." Keep an eye on the Love Data Week blog for forthcoming information on more specific subtopics. Also look for more news on Twitter at #lovedata2019
- Data Interoperability: The Land Portal experience of Open Data management (recorded GODAN Webinar)
- ODI Fridays lunchtime lecture: Data sharing to transform public service delivery
- Unfold Open Data with APERTIO
- FAIR data use-cases from a lot of experience in working with data...
- Incorporating FAIR Data Principles in Agricultural Research Management Information System (ARMIS) database in Bangladesh
- Creating FAIR and open agricultural data ecosystems
- FAIR data: What and Why? Easier said than implemented?
- FAIR Metrics : Framework to understand how increasing the FAIRness is...
- FAIRsharing at SciDataCon - IDW2018
- GODAN's Impacts 2014 to 2018 - Improving Agriculture, Food and Nutrition with Open Data
- The GODAN Action Data Publication Online Helpdesk is now available: ASK YOU QUESTION!
- Recorded Webinar : Using Open Data (The Open Data Institute)
- A spotlight on Semantic Technologies for the reuse of Agri Open Data
- Welcome to Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition Online Course
- FAOSTAT provides free access to food and agriculture data for over 245 countries and territories and covers all FAO regional groupings from 1961 to the most recent year available
- Looking for Agricultural Science and Technology Data & Information? Find them in AGRIS!
- The Global Open Data Index (GODI), Open Data Census and Survey : Advancing the State of Open Data Through Dialogue
- The Big Wins of Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (CTA)
- KUKUA Weather Data and forecasting services for local farmers in Africa
And, thanks again for your interest !