The course is free for participants and is funded by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) through the National Productivity Investment Fund (NPIF), delivered by the Institute for Environmental Analytics (IEA) and Stats4SD and supported by the Institute of Physics.
The course aimed at PhD students and early career researchers in Environmental Science but it is relevant for any scientist who creates, manages and works with data, helping them to get into good data management habits.
Data Tree includes modules on the practicalities of data management including:
- Creating Data Management Plans
- Sharing data
- Data ethics and working with data centres, as well as
- Communicating research data to policy makers, business and end users
It’s a self-paced course that students can complete in a structured way or dip into to solve particular challenges. The mix of video and audio interviews, activities and quizzes keeps it engaging and there are lots of real-world examples to demonstrate the importance and applications of good data management.
- GODAN Action e-learning course on Open Data & Research Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition (background & related content)
- Welcome to GODAN Action Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition Online Course (Objectives, Units, Outcomes)
- IGAD Pre-Meeting: Data collection in Africa: State of the art, challenges and solutions (5-6 November 2018, Gaborone, Botswana)
- International Data Week (IDW). The theme of this landmark event is ‘Digital Frontiers of Global Science’ (5-8 November 2018, Gaborone, Botswana)
- IDW2018: African Open Science Platform Session on Skills-development in an increasingly data-driven science environment: an African perspective
- IASSIST 2019 Conference : Call for proposals "Data Down Under: Exploring DATA FIRSTS” (applications will close December 23, 2018)
- FAIR data: What and Why? Easier said than implemented?
- Research Data Alliance : Data Management Framework : What Makes It So Special?
- Want to take WIPO's General e-Course on Intellectual Property? Enroll here – it’s free of charge
- The release of the JISC’s Research Data Management (RDM) toolkit
- Implement effective Open Data & Keep it alive with Open Data TOOLKIT
- Journal of eScience Librarianship (JeSLIB), Volume 7, Issue 1 Special Issue: Visualizing the (Data) Future of the Journal of eScience Librarianship
- Free Open Science training courses
- Learning, Advocating, Training: Push yourself and reach your potential with supportive FAO Capacity Development resources
And, thanks again for your interest !