The objectives of the workshop are to:
- Promote the use of Open software, open data and Open science in the agriculture sector in Africa using AgriGIS as an example
- Share ideas from GRASP research and build more collaborations
- Act as a springboard for GODAN capacity development activities
The expected outcomes are:
- Understanding of open software, open data and open science enhanced
- Tools and standards for enhancing open data and open science demonstrated
- Identifying opportunities for joint collaborations for future research and training
- TARGET PARTICIPANTS
Participants at the workshop and think-tank meetings will be policy makers, senior research scientists, academics and students.
PROPOSED APPROACH AND ACTIVITIES
Activities for the two-day workshop and think-tank meetings will be bringing together experts ,senior policy officers, academics, researchers, students on discussions, group work, presentations, demonstrations and discussions.