Forums on Open Data and Open Science
AIMS provides open channel to disseminate and promote information across a wide audience about a number of Forums on Open Data and Open Science to Information in Agriculture in the context of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This kind of forums aims at:
- raising awareness of the main global trends in agriculture, while focusing on advocating for open research data and other open science strategies to support these latter;
sharing knowledge and discussing national & international trends on enhancing access to agriculture research outputs, as well as on effective outreach efforts to increase awareness of these latter;
enhancing skills and capacities of stakeholders (organizations, researchers, lecturers, students) in agriculture and rural development on accessing online, peer‐reviewed literature in agriculture and related sectors through Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) and International Information System for the Agricultural Science and Technology (AGRIS).
Find more details about practical activities of these Forums under the references listed below:
- Workshop on 'Open Data in Agriculture and Nutrition' (Accra, Ghana, 19 July 2017)
- Forum on Open Data, Open Science and Open Access to Agriculture (Accra, Ghana, July 2016)
- Workshop on Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture, AGORA (Tanzania, May 2016)
- Forum on Open Data and Open Science in Agriculture (Namibia, April 2016)
- Forum on Open Data and Open Science in Agriculture (Kenya, June 2015)