Extended call for papers: Special Track on Metadata and Semantics for Agriculture, Food & Environment (AgroSEM 2012)
Special Track on Metadata and Semantics for Agriculture, Food & Environment (AgroSEM 2012) - 6th International Conference on Metadata and Semantic Research (MTSR-2012)
Cadiz, Spain, November 28-30, 2012
*** Paper submission deadline (EXTENDED): 30 July 2012 ***
AIM & TOPICS. The 5th Edition of the Special Track on Metadata and Semantics for Agriculture, Food & Environment is hosted as part of MTSR 2012, and aims to bring together researchers and practitioners that are working on agricultural, food-related and environmental knowledge production, organization, and exchange from a Semantic Web perspective. It aims to serve as a discussion forum where interested experts will present the results of their work, and establish liaisons with other groups that are working on related subjects. In addition, it aims to outline the rich potential of these subjects as an application field for advanced metadata- and semantic-driven systems and services. Topics include but are not limited to contributions dealing with the following issues in the context of agriculture, food & environment:
- Information standards and specifications
- Metadata schemas and application profiles
- Multilingual vocabularies, taxonomies, glossaries and thesauri
- Metadata generation, harvesting, and exchange
- Knowledge acquisition, elicitation and extraction
- Infrastructures, systems and services for knowledge organization
- Knowledge repositories and archives
- Ontology approaches, models, theories, and languages
- Ontology development, integration, lifecycle, and evaluation
- Management of large ontology-driven knowledge bases
SPECIAL SESSION CHAIRS.
- Nikos Manouselis, Agro-Know Technologies (Greece)
- Ioannis N. Athanasiadis, Democritus University of Thrace (Greece)
- Johannes Keizer, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (Italy)
- 30 July 2012: Paper submission (Springer LNCS style, PDF file submission)
- 1 September 2012: Acceptance notification
- 15 September 2012: Camera-ready, revised version of accepted papers
- 28-30 November 2012: MTSR-2012 in Cadiz, Spain
SUBMISSIONS. Interested authors can submit either full papers (12 pages) or short papers (6 pages) about complete or ongoing research. Papers should be original and not previously submitted to other venues.
PUBLICATION. Springer will publish MTSR-2012 accepted papers in the form a book in the CCIS Series. In addition, authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their manuscripts for fast-track journal publication. The proceedings of the previous Special Track on Agricultural Metadata & Semantics for Agriculture, Food & Environment at MTSR'11 have been published in Vol.240 of the CCIS Series. A Special Issue of the International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies has also resulted from this Track in the past.
ABOUT MTSR-2012. The 6th International Conference on Metadata and Semantic Research (MTSR-2012) will be hosted by the University of Cadiz, Spain from 28th to 30th of November 2012. It will take place at Aulario La Bomba, now named Edificio Constitucion de 1812 after the bicentenary of the promulgation of the first Spanish Constitution, nicknamed La Pepa. The beautiful and historical city of Cadiz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadiz) is the oldest continuously-inhabited city in the Iberian Peninsula and has been a principal home port of the Spanish Navy since the accession of the Spanish Bourbons in the 18th century. The city is a member of the Most Ancient European Towns Network.
MTSR-2012 targets researchers and practitioners from the fields of metadata and semantics research as, well as applications of the Semantic Web and related technologies.
See http://mtsr2012.uca.es for more details on traveling and accommodation.