Beyond Access Membership Application
Join a global community of public library innovators aiming to change outdated perceptions of what libraries can do. This application to become a Beyond Access Member is intended for public library innovators in developing and transitioning countries who are interested in participating in an initiative to showcase how libraries are contributing to development goals and learning from other leaders in the field.
Beyond Access is seeking library workers who are partnering with governments and development organizations to meet community needs in education, health, agriculture, economic opportunity, and civic participation. Applicants who demonstrate an existing focus on community development, and who can make a commitment to active participation are encouraged to apply. Beyond Access Members will:
- Participate in a multi-day event and international conference with their three-person team
- Complete in Beyond Access member-only competitions for small grants and travel scholarships throughout the upcoming year
- Participate in a series of discussions and events leading up to and following the conference
- Receive support and expertise in expanding partnerships with governments, development organizations, and other community stakeholders
Who is eligible? Those working on library activities addressing development goals from low, lower-middle or upper-middle incoming countries as classified by the World Bank here, including:
- Library workers
- Representatives of an NGO actively working on a project in partnership with a library or libraries
- Representatives of local government actively pursuing development goals in partnership with a library or libraries
Deadline. Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2013.
More information at Become a Beyond Access Member