On 7th March 2014, iMarine is organizing the interactive workshop iMarine data platform for collaborations. The objective is to showcase "a set of practical solutions, demonstrating how the Ecosystem Approach related information (and not only) can be collaboratively managed, shared, and analyzed in secure and very cost-effective applications." (Agenda)
The workshop is co-located with the Fishery Dependent Information conference and will take place at Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Participation is free of charge but subject to online registration.
The workshop covers the following topics:
- iMarine achievements: the story so far
- The iMarine catalogue of services
- The iMarine solutions in support to the Ecosystem Approach needs
- Tuna Atlas
- The Vulnerable Marine Ecosystems (VME-DB) factsheet workflow
- Chimera-The Western Indian Ocean Fisheries Regional Portal
- BiOnym and Ecological Modelling
- iMarine future–developing a Public Partnership centred business model and the H2020 landscape
- Future collaboration opportunities & plans
Visit the complete Workshop Agenda at the iMarine Website.
For background information on the iMarine project, take a look at the flier "iMarine: a powerful data infrastructure for marine ecosystems" and the iMarine Position Paper.