Taxonomy of Enterprise Knowledge Management Types/Categories
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT) has published a Taxonomy of Enterprise Knowledge Management Types. The taxonomy lists terms that are most important to Information Technology (IT) Organizations, IT Professionals, and Knowledge Management Professionals who support or provide services to enterprises.
- Includes approximately 1,000 KM Categories,
- Aligns directly with Enterprise Service Types/Categories,
- Doubles as a controlled vocabulary,
- Can be used to identify and prioritize key areas of enterprise knowledge,
- Can be used as a baseline template for measuring and assessing different types of knowledge maturity & completeness, and
- Is constantly reviewed, improved and grows as new categories are defined.