The submission deadline is rapidly approaching for the Presentations and Best Practice Posters & Demos tracks at DC-2016. Both presentations and posters/demos provide the opportunity for practitioners and researchers specializing in metadata design, implementation, and use to present their work as well as work in progress at the International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications in Copenhagen. No paper is required for presentations or posters/demos. Accepted submissions in the Presentations track will have approximately 20-25 minutes to present and 5-10 minutes for questions and discussion.
Proposal abstracts will be reviewed for selection by the Program Committee. The presentation slide decks and the poster images will be openly available as part of the permanent record of the DC-2016 conference.
If you are interested in presenting at DC-2016, please submit a proposal abstract through the DC-2016 submission system before the 15 July deadline.
- Submission Deadline: 15 July 2016
- Presenter Notice: 22 July 2016
- Presentation Track Description:
- Submission System:
- Conference Website:
Best Practice Posters & Demos on work on topics from across the metadata ecosystem are invited. For the Presentation track, submissions are encouraged in the following broad themes:
- Identifiers, persistent or not
- Metadata profiles and validation
- Maintaining vocabularies
- Practicalities of data integration
Program Committee Chairs:
- Valentine Charles, Europeana Foundation, Netherlands
- Lars G. Svensson, Deutsche Nationalbibliothek, Germany
- Thomas Baker, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea, & Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI), Germany
- Michael D. Crandall, University of Washington, United States
- Stuart A. Sutton, Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI), United States
Full Organizing Committee: http://dcevents.dublincore.org/IntConf/dc-2016/about/organizingTeam