The Library of the Wageningen University has developed several free e-learning modules for self-study or to refresh your information literacy skills.
FINDING RESEARCH DATA...
A lot of research data is available online and ready to be reused.
But how do you find that one data set you need for your project or study?
The free online module FINDING RESEARCH DATA helps you get started!
This module consists of short texts and exercises on finding and reusing data.
- The first half explains where you can look for data online, with special attention to data repositories, and gives search tips.
- The second half explains how to use data documentation (think of Readme-files) to understand the data you find and how to eventually cite the data set you reused.
Once you have completed the module, you'll start your data search well prepared!
If you have questions about the module or about any other data-related topics, don't hesitate to contact Data Management Support at email@example.com.
- Module Locate and access the information you need
- Module Finding information for your research project
- Module Evaluating, citing and publishing information
- Module Scopus
- Module SciFinder
- Module PubMed
INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS & RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT:
LOOKING FURTHER AHEAD:
From debate about FAIR and Open Data to greater exploratory research, constructive discussions and solutions based on interoperable data in the agri-food and related sectors (highlights of the RDA IGAD outputs + JOIN the IGAD RDA pre-meeting at the RDA's 13th Plenary Meeting; on 1 April 2019 in Philadelphia entitled 'Agricultural Data Interoperability: Opportunities and Lessons Learnt from Sharing and Re-Using Data'
- Free FAO AGORA Online Course : Fundamentals of Information Literacy and Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture
- Free GODAN_Action E-LEARNING PROGRAMME on open data management is ongoing to help strengthen the capacity of data producers and data consumers to manage and use open data in agriculture and nutrition
- EDX e-course: Open Science: Sharing Your Research with the World : Explore ways to apply Open Science principles to academic work - including your own. Learn how to share your research effectively and responsibly, building greater visibility and impact
- Free Open Science TRAINING e-courses (FOSTER)
- The OPEN SCIENCE Training Handbook (FOSTER)
- Free Open Science MOOC : enroll & catch up with developments in Open Science across the world
- Recorded ANDS FAIR Webinar series : #1 Findable #2 Accessible #3 Interoperable #4 Reusable
- Data Tree e-course [funded by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) through the National Productivity Investment Fund (NPIF), delivered by the Institute for Environmental Analytics and Stats4SD and supported by the Institute of Physics]
- Free e-lectures on Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS) Marine DATA and SCIENCE
A list of training opportunities/resources on Research Data Management compiled by the US/RDA Education Effort
- Essentials 4 Data Support is an introductory course for those people who (want to) support researchers in storing, managing, archiving and sharing their research data
- Coursera Data Science e-learning
- Coursera Research Data Management and Sharing e-learning
- MANTRA - how to manage digital data as part of your research project
- MANTRA for Librarians
- Author Carpentry
- Data Carpentry
- Library Carpentry
- WDS Data & Services Training Resources
- Guidelines for Data Management Plan from SNSF : learning from each other
- Articulating the value of DATA with the Australian National Data Service (ANDS)
AgBioData consortium recommendations for sustainable genomics and genetics databases for agriculture, in Database, Volume 2018, 1 January 2018