Figshare’s annual report, The State of Open Data 2018, looks at global attitudes towards open data. It includes survey results of researchers and a collection of articles from industry experts, as well as a foreword from Ross Wilkinson, Director, Global Strategy at Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC).
The report is the third in the series and the survey results continue to show encouraging progress that open data is becoming more embedded in the research community.
The key finding is that open data has become more embedded in the research community – 64% of survey respondents reveal they made their data openly available in 2018. However, a surprising number of respondents (60%) had never heard of the FAIR principles, a guideline to enhance the reusability of academic data.
- The State of Open Data Report 2018, 22nd October 2018, DigitalScience, FigShare
- Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition Online Course
- Open Up Guide for Agriculture launched by GODAN and the Open Data Charter (GODAN)
2018 EU_DataPortal ‘s OpenData Maturity report (find out which countries are Europe ‘s top performers in 2018)
- FAIR data use-cases from a lot of experience in working with data in agriculture sector
- Creating FAIR and open agricultural data ecosystems (ODI, 2018)
- FAIR data: What and Why? Easier said than implemented?
- The FAIR guiding principles for scientific data management and stewardship
- The GO FAIR initiative contributes to and coordinates the coherent realisation of the FAIR principles.
- Cloudy, increasingly FAIR; revisiting the FAIR Data guiding principles for the European Open Science Cloud
- Enabling FAIR Data Commitment Statement
- Article describing the Enabling FAIR Data Project
And, thanks again for your interest !