Data collaboratives are a new challenge and new opportunity for the community of official statistics - in relation to Big Data, to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to the sharing of data, services, technologies, and Know-How.
To uncover what professionals say their top Data Collaboratives challenges are, and the opportunities that come along with them, - the UN Global Working Group (GWG) on Big Data for Official Statistics,** The Colombian National Department of Statistics (DANE) and the Colombian Ministry for ICT have orginized the 4th UN Conference on Big Data that will take place in Bogotá, Colombia, from 8 to 10 November 2017.
Data Collaboratives are a new form of collaboration, beyond the public-private partnership model, in which participants from different sectors — in particular companies - exchange their data to create public value”, - GOVLAB.
The 4th UN Conference on Big Data will address the following main questions:
Please provide information on the nature of the work of your institute and how this relates to Big Data and official statistics.
** The UN Statistical Commission agreed at its 45th session to create the Global Working Group (GWG) on Big Data for Official Statistics to further investigate the benefits and challenges of Big Data, including the potential for monitoring and reporting on the SDGs. In this context, the GWG and the greater official statistical community recognize the need to adequately address issues pertaining to methodology, quality, technology, data access, legislation, privacy, management and finance, and provide adequate cost-benefit analyses on the use of Big Data.
- CGIAR Platform for Big Data in Agriculture : to Organize, Convene, Inspire
FAOSTAT provides free access to food and agriculture data for over 245 countries and territories and covers all FAO regional groupingsfrom 1961 to the most recent year available.
- Recorded Webinar@AIMS: Big Data Europe Platform: What? For whom and how?
- Recorded Webinar@AIMS: Big Data challenges and solutions in agricultural and environmental research
- Recorded Webinar@AIMS: Perspective on Big Data in the CGIAR
- Recorded Webinar@AIMS: INRA's Big Data Perspectives and Implementation Challenges
- Big Data: unlocking the future for Agriculture
- Group on Earth Observations: Earth Observations in Service of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Earth Observations in support of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development