I would like to invite you all along to this weeks AgrichatUK discussion looking at Big Ag Data and informatics. I am an advocate for openagdata and I thought it would be nice to do a discussion that ties in with it being 1 year on (nearly) from the G8 #openagdata conference. To give you an idea of the scope of the chat and hopefully wet the appetitete for discussion I have given a brief summary below.
The discussion starts at 8pm (UK summer time, GMT +1) and runs to 10pm. [April 10, 2014]
- Understanding the terminology, "Big Data V's Little data", What is informatics all about?
- What data do we currently record in the journey from farm to table? Who uses it and are we using it to its full potential?
- What new data can we utilise from technology advancements in farm machinery, environmental sensors,smartphones etc...?
- How easy is it to share agricultural production data, is it all electronically readable, interchangeable, standardized?
- Do farmers and the supply chain both see the benefits of sharing production data? Is there currently a pay back in cost of production/ business intelligence terms to the farmer?
- How as an industry can we bring all this existing and new data together for the benefit of everyone.
- The G8 #OpenAgData initiative, one year on from the G8 conference, how far have we come? (bit of a specialist question so woukd be great to get AIMS members contributing on this one!)