DEADLINE EXTENDED: Abstracts should be submitted by 2 December 2011 to [email protected].
The Third IAALD Africa Chapter Conference, with the theme "e-Agriculture for Improved Livelihoods and Food Security in Africa", is scheduled for 21–23 May 2012 at the Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Call for papers
Contributions focusing on application of information and communication technology (ICT) in the rural domain, with a primary focus on agriculture (e-Agriculture), in and outside Africa, and placing emphasis on impact and lessons learned in the following sub-themes are invited:
- Innovative e-Agriculture Initiatives;
- Mobile and Wireless Applications/Technologies and Agriculture;
- ICT Adoption and Use by Small-Scale Farmers;
- National Initiatives/Projects Towards Bridging the Rural Digital Divide;
- Investing in e-Agriculture;
- National e-Agriculture Policies and Strategies;
- ICT and Food Security;
- Capacity Development Initiatives in e-Agriculture;
- Research in ICT Application in Agriculture and Rural Development;
- Web 2.0/Social Media in Agriculture and Rural Development.
Submissions should include the speaker's name(s), title (i.e. Mr. Dr. Ms. Prof, etc), position, affiliation/institution and address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, a short one-paragraph biographical note, the title of the proposed paper, and an extended abstract of 500 – 1000 words. Each abstract will be double-blind reviewed. Papers accepted will be included on the conference CD. Selected papers will be considered for publication in the Agricultural Information Worldwide Journal. Costs associated with participation in the conference are the presenters’ responsibility.