12th International Conference "Issyk-Kul 2011" - Libraries and Democratization of Society
12th Conference "Issyk-Kul 2011: Libraries and Democratization of Society" is "The role of libraries in preserving the historical heritage for the development of knowledge society."
Planned organization of sections, round table discussions and presentations on the following topics:
- The role of libraries in the formation of tolerance in multiethnic communities;
- Creating and providing access to information in an electronic environment;
- Library resources for education and sustainable development of society;
- Social partnership with the local community to improve the quality of life;
- Contemporary reading programs for children;
- The role of libraries in the identification, preservation and development of traditional knowledge and national culture, etc.