Open Data Day (ODD) is an annual celebration of open data all over the world. For the seventh time in history, groups from around the world will create local events on the day where they will use Open Data in their communities.
As always, during ODD we expect to gain momentum and highlight the different uses that Open Data can have in different contexts.
If you want to get some inspiration for events, check out the Lookback on Open Data Day 2017 for an overview of many activities that happened last year.
The upcoming ODD is an opportunity to show the benefits of Open Data and encourage the adoption of Open Data policies in government, business and civil society.
All outputs are/will be open for everyone to use and re-use.
Stay tuned by following news on the Open Data Day website.
IS YOUR EVENT ON THE MAP ?
On 3 March 2018 groups from around the world are hosting talks, hackathons, conferences, workshops and other meetups celebrating the benefits open data can bring their communities.
The focus this year is on four key themes:
1. Open science & Open research data
2. Tracking public money flows & open contracting
3. Open mapping
4. Open data for equal development
Just to name a few :
Related ... or Get Inspired !
- Open Data in a Day : ODI introductory course (ODI)
- What is 'Open Data'? (ANDS)
- Open Data Essentials (The World Bank)
FAOSTAT provides free access to food and agriculture data for over 245 countries and territories and covers all FAO regional groupings from 1961 to the most recent year available.
- OPEN DATA : Looking Back, Looking Ahead
- Implement effective Open Data & Keep it alive with Open Data TOOLKIT
- GODAN e-learning course on Open Data & Research Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition
- Contribute to Open Science MOODLE
- The OPEN SCIENCE Training Handbook (FOSTER)
- Recorded Webinar : Using Open Data (The Open Data Institute)
- Open Data stories (The Open Data Institute)
- Measuring open data : A look at the four tools for assessing open data publication (Open Data Charter)
- Open & Big Data : shifts in roles, power relations, quality and knowledge integration
- The Global Open Data Index (GODI), Open Data Census and Survey : Advancing the State of Open Data Through Dialogue
- Code for Africa : towards people-driven Open Data & Open Government
- Open Data Awareness Program for Nepal’s digital natives
- Recorded Webinar 'Advocating for Open Data' (European Data Portal)
- Recorded Webinar : Strategies for Supporting Collaborations and Building Relationships for Opening Data in Agriculture (GODAN)
- Recorded Webinar : What is GODAN? Network, Action & Secretariat (GODAN)
- Recorded Webinar : Recorded Webinar : Using Open Data (The Open Data Institute)