* SHACL : Why is it important?
SHACL (Shapes Constraint Language) is:
- a newly ratified W3C standard for data validation and modeling;
- a significant value add to the Semantic Technologies Stack, bringing key capabilities to enhance data quality and implement data governance;
- a rich ontology language that can enable the benefits of cognitive computing and Artificial intelligence (AI);
- overviewed in a 3-part blog series by Holger Knublauch, TopQuadrant's Principal Engineer and key contributor to the SHACL standard. The blogs cover SHACL features and their TopBraid support;
- also covered in the Q12017 issue where TopQuadrant provided links to blogs that outline its importance to data governance.