Congratulations to AfricaConnect2 and all partners on this achievement, and making all possible! ICT Infrastructure, stable Internet connectivity and support services crucial for Open Data sharing across disciplines.
Recognising the importance of building on the interests and consensus of local partners, the AfricaConnect2 project adopts a modular approach adjusted to the specificities of the African sub-regions.
AfricaConnect2 therefore comprises three geographical areas (clusters) and involves their respective regional networking organisations (click on each to view member countries):
- ASREN in North Africa – NREN members listed here
- WACREN in West and Central Africa – NREN members listed here
- UbuntuNet Alliance in Eastern and Southern Africa – NREN members listed here
International Data Week 5-8 November 2018 - Registration Open!
During the 14th International gvSIG Conference (24th-26th Oct 2018) in València, Spain there will be a GODAN AgriGIS session with presentations in Agriculture themes. Your contributions and inputs on AgriGIS, Food Security research and examples are welcome. Please send your abstracts through the abstract submission section of the conference website.
- Register for free e-course Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition: DEADLINE: 17th September 2018
- Apply for the AWARD pan-African Fellowship. Deadline: 08 October, 2018
- The African Open Science Platform: The Future of Open Science
- AfricaConnect2: the EU-funded pan-African connectivity project - boosting global scientific collaborations