According to an agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 200 students/scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years. This PhD Fellowship Programme focuses on nine Fields, including AGRICULTURE SCIENCES, BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS AND ORGANISMS and other sciences.
CLOSING DATE OF CALL: 31 March 2019
General conditions for applicants:
- Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2019;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Applicants for doctoral study should also:
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC (criteria of UCAS/criteria of USTC).
- Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: 1 September, 2019.
- Provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to CAS-TWAS agreement.
- Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
- Discover AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture) - one of the five programmes making up Research4Life whose goal is to reduce the knowledge gap between high-income countries and low- and middle-income countries by providing affordable access to critical scientific research. The other four Research4Life programmes are Hinari, OARE, GOALI and ARDI, covering research in health, environment, law, development and innovation
AGORA: Frequently Asked Questions (from the AGORA Alumni Webinar series, December 2018)
- Looking for Agricultural Science and Technology Information? Try FAO AGRIS (International Information System for the Agricultural Science and Technology) - a free of charge service that provides access and visibility to bibliographic data on research papers, reports, multimedia material, grey literature and other content types in agricultural and related sciences
- Looking for open access publications about agriculture, nutrition, and food security? Check out CGSpaceResearch
- 200 years of Flora: free access to all articles in ELSEVIER
- AAS Open Research: Open-Access publishing platform for African scientists
- Meeting the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) quality criteria in the global South
- FAIR PRINCIPLES TO ALL ELEMENTS OF AGRICULTURAL-RELATED RESEARCH PROCESSES (IGAD RDA's 11th pre-meeting, March 2018, in Germany/Berlin)
- DATA COLLECTION IN AFRICA: STATE OF THE ART, CHALLENGES & SOLUTIONS (IGAD RDA's 12th pre-meeting, November 2018, in Africa/Botswana)
- CODATA: Committee on Data of the International Council for Science