For those of you who were not able to follow the webinar on Transforming Agriculture Through Digital Financial Innovations, held on 8 October, you will be pleased to follow the recording of the event available below.
Drawing from first-hand experience, the diverse speaker panel, including AIMS team, focused on how to design the digital financial innovation with the User in mind, why going beyond technologies is crucial, and how to combine new innovations with actionable information.
The AIMS Team discussed about online training and capacity development for farmers: Different types of digital technologies for building farm skills, financial and technical literacy particularly in relation to the Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) provided about farm data management by the team.
Other elements of discussion were:
- Overview: Digital trends and innovations for financial inclusion of smallholder farmers and the rural poor (new actors, new tech: machine learning, satellite data, etc.)
- Digital/ Economic identity to assess creditworthiness of farmers
- The challenge of scale affecting many innovative tools and technologies. How can public and private organizations address this and reach those currently excluded?
- E-Learning and capacity building for farmers: Different types of digital technologies for building farm skills, financial and technical literacy
- How to improve cross sector partnerships and data sharing for more success in ICT4ag?
For further info visit here.