Focus on the Metadata and Semantics Research Conference 2016 (MTSR'16): Workshops
The Metadata and Semantics Research Conference 2016 (MTSR’2016) that will take place in Göttingen from the 22nd to the 25th of November 2016 is getting closer. The first day of the conference will be dedicated to four parallel workshops:
- Digital Humanities and Digital Curation (DHC)
- COAR Controlled Vocabularies: Improving Consistency of Repository Metadata
- 2nd VocBench Stakeholder Meeting
- GACS Global Agricultural Concept Scheme – Working Meeting.
Every workshop will be led by an expert and will provide a unique opportunity to exchange about knowledge and information management with other international professionals. The workshops will cover topics like digital humanities, digital curation, metadata, semantics, ontology management, controlled vocabularies and linked data.
The aim of the workshop about “Digital Humanities and Digital Curation” will be to discuss and find new creative ways to work with semantic technologies in cultural heritage. Participants will be encouraged to open multidisciplinary channels and identify synergies between different communities from domains like educational sciences, digital humanities, visualization, machine learning, information retrieval, data mining and more.
The workshop “COAR Controlled Vocabularies: Improving Consistency of Repository Metadata” will discuss needs for an agreed set of controlled vocabularies in bibliographic metadata. Controlled vocabularies connect Open Access repositories and scholarly communication infrastructures through enhanced search, processing and re-use of contents. The session involves the work of the Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR) Interest Group named “Controlled Vocabularies for Repository Assets” that was established in 2014.
The participants of the workshop “VocBench 3 Day” will get the opportunity to discover the roadmap of VocBench 3, an effort to enhance the current VocBench platform for collaborative editing of thesauri and ontologies. The platform will be developed by the University of Rome Tor Vergata with a new user interface, revised backend architecture and with dedicated to support OWL, SKOS and SKOSXL standards. Participants can discuss different modelling and technological choices and they will see a first demo of the system.
The workshop about the Global Agricultural Concept Scheme (GACS) will discuss results of the integration of AGROVOC, CAB Thesaurus and NAL Thesaurus, a joint project of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), CAB International (CABI) and the National Agricultural Library of the USA (NAL).
The main MTSR conference starts on the 23rd of November and has the topic “bridging the past, present and future of metadata, data and semantic technologies”. During several tracks and sessions the conference will provide expert speeches about metadata, semantics, information management, digital libraries, linked data, research information systems and data infrastructures. The conference also offers a poster session and a panel session about different topics from the domain.
The four workshops of the first conference day will take place in parallel. Participation will be free but registration is required.
More details about the workshops and registration: http://www.mtsr-conf.org/index.php/workshops-2016
For the participation in the MTSR conference, please register here: http://www.mtsr-conf.org/index.php/registration
- Research4Life is now part of Oxfam's Digital Searching and Access Guideline. Since July 2016, one of the guidelines, "Reviewing the Existing Literature" now reflects the work of Research4Life and INASP. More info
- RDA & CODATA Legal Interoperability of Research Data: Principles and Implementation Guidelines - Now Published. RDA & CODATA join forces to guide research stakeholders in the land of intellectual property. More info
- AgroPortal 1.2 (beta) Released - an Ontology Portal for Agronomy. AgroPortal is an ontology repository dedicated to the agronomy. More info
- AgriGIS Workshop and Think Tank. Geospatial science has a major role to play in securing both food and nutritional security in agricultural systems. More info
Upcoming Conferences, Workshops, Webinars
- Conference. The International Conference on Information Society (i-Society-2016). More info
- Conference. International Conference on "Data Analytics and Management in Data Intensive Domains", DAMDID/RCDL'2016. More info
- Conference. DCMI International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications. More info
- Conference. The 15th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2016). More info
- Conference. PUBMET: Publishing and Metrics. More info
- Conference. NACLIN 2016 DELNET th 19 National Convention on Knowledge, Library and Information Networking. More info
- Conference. INNS Conference on Big Data. More info
- Conference. 2016 International Open Access Week "Open in Action". More info
- Conference. 2016 Chinese Library Annual Conference. More info
More events at the AIMS Calendar
The scope of the AIMS Newsletter is to bring under the attention of the AIMS community recent news, events and achievements in the field of agricultural information management. If you have any contribution, suggestion, or need assistance with the newsletter, please contact us at [email protected]. You received this message because you are subscribed to the AIMS Newsletter