- Latin America
- Asia/Pacific region
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- Applicants must declare they are able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
- Those who have previously received this Grant (formerly known as Essay Contest) cannot apply again.
- your contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- short summary of your employment and/or student status
First-time IFLA attendees, young professionals, students of Library and Information Studies (LIS) and those working in LIS jobs for the first time will have an advantage in the competition, so make sure you mention this if you belong to one of these categories.
- how attending IFLA will benefit you in a personal and/or professional capacity, with reference to the 2014 theme of the conference;
- how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the Congress, either for you personally or for the library/information unit you work in;
- a budget/cost estimate for travel and hotel up to Euro 700, that would not normally be funded by other grants or your place of work.
- Your application must be received by Friday February 28th, 2014
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt
- All applicants will receive notification of award status no later than May 1, 2014