Copernicus Publications: First Open Access publisher integrated into OpenAIRE
Copernicus and OpenAIRE have worked together to identify publications resulting from EC-funded projects. As a result, well over 400 publications have now been imported to the journals’ and OpenAIRE’s databases and will regularly be updated. Moreover, on submitting articles, authors can easily acknowledge EC-funding and will be alerted about the opportunity to use project funds for article processing charges.
Copernicus.org aims to promote the Sciences by:
- Organizing meetings, conferences and exhibitions;
- Publishing peer-reviewed journals, in particular open access;
- Supporting Associations, Societies and Organizations in the fulfilment of their tasks and in their relation amongst each other;
- Providing back-office services for scientific Associations, Societies and Organizations;
- Archiving data and information for public usage;
- Assisting in outreach activities regarding media and education;
- Developing appropriate software solutions for achieving these aims.
OpenAIRE builds up a Pan-European publication Infrastructure, bringing together 33 European countries to provide open access to European research results. It regularly harvests information from an increasing number of open access repositories and journals, and in the near future, from data archives. Further services deployed by OpenAIRE will support statistics and the creation of complex publications linking from articles to research data.