LOD-LAM Summit in San Francisco, 2-3 June
The International Linked Open Data in Libraries, Archives, and Museums Summit (LOD-LAM) will convene leaders in their respective areas of expertise from the humanities and sciences to catalyze practical, actionable approaches to publishing Linked Open Data, specifically:
- Identify the tools and techniques for publishing and working with Linked Open Data.
- Draft precedents and policy for licensing and copyright considerations regarding the publishing of library, archive, and museum metadata.
- Publish definitions and promote use cases that will give LAM staff the tools they need to advocate for Linked Open Data in their institutions.
The AIMS Team will attend the event to discuss topics and issues on Linked Open Data related to products under the AIMS umbrella like:
- Recommendations to support the selection of appropriate encoding strategies for producing LOD-enabled bibliographic data, e.g. LODE-BD Recommendations;
- Use of subject and controlled vocabularies available as Linked Open Data, e.g. AGROVOC, JITA or Journal Agricultural Description; and
- Publication of bibliographic datasets, e.g. AGRIS or E-LIS