AGORA Online Course: Fundamentals of Information Literacy and Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture
Fundamentals of Information Literacy and Access to Global Online Research In Agriculture (AGORA) online course is provided by the Partnerships and South-South Cooperation Division (DPS) at the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations (UN), in collaboration with Research4Life.
The online course aims to deliver knowledge about the fundamentals of information literacy competencies and develop necessary skills to access and effectively use AGORA. At the end of the course, the course participants should be able to :
- Identify and evaluate information sources, develop search strategy, familiarize with search techniques
- Understand ethical considerations in academia, gain skills in citing and referencing
- Access and search AGORA content effectively including browsing collections, applying advanced search techniques, using discovery service and bibliometric analytical tool.
The course was provided in English, French and Spanish (with a separate course for each language). The course consistsed of two units including six lessons.
Unit 1: Identify, Access and Use Information Resources
- Lesson 1.1: Identifying Information Sources
- Lesson 1.2: Using Information Resources
- Lesson 1.3: Citing and Referencing
Unit 2: Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA)
- Lesson 2.1: AGORA and Research4Life: Institutional framework
- Lesson 2.2: Search AGORA effectively
- Lesson 2.3: Using Summon (optional)