4th IAALD Africa Conference : Call for Papers and Workshop Proposals
The International Association of Agricultural Information Specialists (IAALD) Africa Chapter and the Information Training and Outreach Centre for Africa (ITOCA) invite proposals for Papers and Workshops/seminars to be presented/organized at the 4th IAALD Africa Conference in Pretoria, South Africa, 30th May – 1st June 2018. Please find below all necessary information.
PROPOSALS FOR PAPERS
Papers should reflect and explore the conference theme - “Agricultural Innovations, Information and Knowledge: Catalyzing the Attainment of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the African Union Agenda 2063” and address any of the sub-themes.
Proposals for PAPERS should be sent to
PROPOSALS FOR WORKSHOPS
Capacity development is a major component of the IAALD Africa Conference which invites proposals for interactive workshops intended to convey knowledge or skills to agricultural information professionals in areas relating to the sub-themes of the conference.
Workshops can be organized as 2/3-day pre- conference events (27th-29th May) or half-day event (31st May).
Proposals for WORKSHOPS should be sent to
* The Conference has the folloiwng sub-themes:
Knowledge Generation, Management and Sharing
- Documenting experiences, lessons learned & good practices and sharing agricultural knowledge;
- Agricultural innovations systems and advisory services targeting small-holder farmers and rural communities;
- National and institutional initiatives and frameworks for agricultural knowledge sharing;
- Capacity development for agricultural knowledge generation, management and sharing.
Women, Youth and Agriculture
- Engaging and empowering women and youth in agriculture and rural development;
- Rural transformation, agribusiness, entrepreneurship and women and youth;
- Capacity development for women and youth in agriculture.
Open Data and Open Science
- Open data standards and software platforms;
- Regional, national and institutional open data and open science initiatives and frameworks in agriculture;
- Regional and national multi-stakeholder processes/platforms/forums for open data and open science in agriculture;
- Entrepreneur opportunities in open data and open science;
- Capacity development for open data and open science in agriculture.
ICT and Agriculture
- ICT adoption and use by smallholder farmers (especially women and youth) and rural communities;
- ICT applications in agriculture and rural development including Apps, services, etc. targeting smallholder farmers and rural communities;
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) (drones) in agriculture and rural development – applications and services, cases, challenges, policies, research, etc.;
- Social media in agriculture and rural development;
- Capacity development for ICT in agriculture and rural development, especially for women and youth.
If you are interested in presenting a paper or organizing a capcity development related event, download the Call for Papers and Workshop Proposals.
Source: IAALD Africa Chapter