AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture) with 46 New Subject Categories!
The AGORA Team wishes to inform you that, on 25 October 2018, the Subject Categories were expanded (from 14 to 46!) to journals indexed in AGORA content portal/search database!
Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) is one of the five programmes composing Research4Life. Currently, AGORA provides free or low cost access to 13,748 peer-reviewed journals and 26,686 e- books (in agriculture and related sciences) to more than 3,400 institutions from more than 115 eligible countries*!
The effort to extend the number of AGORA Subject categories aims to make it much easier for AGORA users to find material relevant to their area of study.
New AGORA subjects will be identified by permanent IDs and match with the related concepts/terms populating FAO-AGROVOC multilingual thesaurus*.
The AGORA Team will keep working to identify and map all available journals under subject categories and will inform you once the new subject categories are successfully implemented!
* You can browse 46 AGROVOC concepts/terms - to be added soon to the AGORA Content Portal – following this AGROVOC SKOSMOS link:
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
Please note that e-books indexed in AGORA will not initially have any subject categories; these will be added in batches, over time, during Phase II of the migration process. You will be informed when this phase begins.
* Research4Life/AGORA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: For institutions based in Group A countries, access through Research4Life is free. For institutions based in Group B countries, access through Research4Life is available for 1,500 US dollars per institution per calendar year (from January to December). Institutions based in Group B countries may benefit from a six-month free trial period (source: WIPO : World Intellectual Property Organisation)
to access/use the content of AGORA, HINARI, ARDI, OARE and GOALI programmes.
Be careful selecting the CORRECT COUNTRY, AREA/TERRITORY NAME. If it is not listed, it is not eligible.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
- Research4Life : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Using the Research4Life portals (short video)
- Research4Life User Experiences from Global South. Get Inspired & Motivated & Share Your Story!
- Two decades on, a research access program continues to thrive: Research4Life partners have renewed their commitment through 2025 and created a new Rule of Law program
- AGROVOC Thesaurus : a BACKBONE to INTEGRATE & DISCOVER interoperable AGRICULTURAL-related DATA
Thousands of community-developed standards are available (across all disciplines)… but, do we use them? Discover VEST/AgroPortal AgriSemantics map of Data Standards, FAIRSharing, RDA IGAD ‘Landscaping the Use of Semantics to Enhance the Interoperability of Agricultural Data' … and keep coping with FAIRifying challenge!
- Want to take WIPO's General e-Course on Intellectual Property? Enroll here – it’s free of charge
And, thanks again for your interest !