Apply for the CODATA/RDA School for Research Data Science - Workshop: 22 October – 2 November, 2018 (Kigali, Rwanda)
Background and purpose
The goal of this workshop is to train researchers in Research Data Science (RDS). RDS refers to the principles and practice of:
- Open Science and research data management and research data curation,
- the use of a range of data platforms and infrastructures,
- large scale analysis, statistics, visualization and modelling techniques,
- software development and data annotation.
These are important tools for extracting useful information from data and these tools are useful in every research area.
* Open Science
* Unix Shell
* Version Control
* Introduction to R
* Research Data Management
* Databases and SQL
* Data Visualization
* Machine Learning and Artificial Neural Networks
* Research Computational Infrastructure Participation Information.
This workshop is open to researchers in every field. Science graduates (masters and doctoral levels) working in data intensive fields will find it particularly useful. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Selection of participants will be based on their technical background and also the urgency of their needs to apply the tools of RDS.
Deadline for application: July 18, 2018
* Data & Citizens in the African Open Research Data Space ; New & Emerging Technologies in Agriculture (SciDataCon, International Data Week, November 5-8, 2018, Gaborone, Botswana)
* Call for CODATA Task Groups 2018-2020 that will be approved during International Data Week (DEALINE 18 July 2018)
* Science Forum 2018 : Win more, lose less: Capturing synergies between SDGs through AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH (Stellenbosch, South Africa, 10-12 October 2018)
* Turning FAIR Data into Reality - EC Expert Group Report and Action Plan: consultation and feedback (DEADLINE 5 August 2018)
* Next Generation Repositories: Scaling up repositories to a global knowledge commons (LIBER 2018 Slide Presentations)
* Research Data Repository Interoperability WG Final Recommendations (Research Data Alliance)