SPECIAL SESSION CHAIRS
* Nikos Manouselis, Greek Research & Technology Network (Greece)
* Ioannis Athanasiadis, Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence
* Johannes Keizer, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
AIM & TOPICS
The aim of the Special Track on Metadata and Semantics for Agriculture, Food & Environment of MTSR'10 is to bring together researchers and practitioners that are working on agricultural and food & environment knowledge production, organization, and exchange from a Semantic Web perspective.
It aims to serve as a discussion forum where interested experts will present the results of their work, and establish liaisons with other groups that are working on related subjects. In addition, it aims to outline the rich potential of these subjects as an application field for advanced metadata- and semantic-driven systems and services.
Topics include but are not limited to contributions dealing with the following issues
in the context of agriculture, food & environment:
* Information standards and specifications
* Metadata schemas and application profiles
* Multilingual vocabularies, taxonomies, glossaries and thesauri
* Metadata generation, harvesting, and exchange
* Knowledge acquisition, elicitation and extraction
* Infrastructures, systems and services for knowledge organisation
* Knowledge repositories and archives
* Ontology approaches, models, theories, and languages
* Ontology development, integration, lifecycle, and evaluation
* Management of large ontology-driven knowledge bases
15 June 2010: Paper submission (Springer LNCS style, PDF file submission)
15 July 2010: Acceptance notification
30 July 2010: Camera-ready, revised version of accepted papers
20-22 October 2010: MTSR'10 in in Alcala de Henares, Spain
Interested authors can submit either full papers (12 pages) or short papers (6 pages) about complete or ongoing research. Papers should be original and not
previously submitted to other venues. Submission will be available through the EasyChair submission system: https://www.easychair.org/login.cgi?conf=mtsr2010
Please indicate in the title or abstract that you are submitting for the Special Track. If you haven't an EasyChair account yet, you'll be asked to create it before you can access the MTSR'10 page.
Springer will publish MTSR'10 accepted papers in the form a book in the CCIS
Series. In addition, best papers will be selected for publishing revised versions in
the form of a Special Issue at an International Journal.
The proceedings of the previous Special Session on Agricultural Metadata &
Semantics for Agriculture, Food & Environment at MTSR'09 have been published in Vol.46 of the CCIS Series (http://www.springerlink.com/content/l14141/p=363466d59cde4af4b4d024c2a9e0730f&pi=0).
The 4th International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research (MTSR'10) will be hosted by the University of Alcalα, Spain from 20th to 22th of October, 2010. The beautiful and historical city of Alcala is a UNESCO's World Heritage Site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcal%C3%A1_de_Henares), very close to Madrid.
MTSR'10 targets researchers and practitioners from the fields of metadata and semantics research as, well as applications of the Semantic Web and related technologies.
See http://www.ieru.org/org/mtsr2010/ for more details on travelling and accomodation.