First International Workshop on Semantic Statistics (SemStats 2013)
The first full-day International Workshop on Semantic Statistics (SemStats 2013) will take place in conjunction with the 12th International Semantic Web Conference (ISCW 2013), October, 21-25, 2013 in Sydney, Australia.
The call for papers is now open
Important dates are:
- Deadline for paper submission: Friday, 12 July 2013, 23:59 (Hawaii time)
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: Friday, 9 August 2013
- Deadline for camera-ready version: Friday, 30 August 2013
For detailed information, please visit the SemStats 2013 Call for Papers page.
Goal & Topics
The goal of this workshop is to explore and strengthen the relationship between the Semantic Web and statistical communities, to provide better access to the data held by statistical offices. It will focus on ways in which statisticians can use Semantic Web technologies and standards in order to formalize, publish, document and link their data and metadata.
The workshop will address topics related to statistics and linked data. This includes but is not limited to:
- How to publish linked statistics?
- How to use linked data for statistics?