A free, 5-day Web 2.0 Learning Opportunity will take place in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago on 5-9 Marc 2012. This workshop is hosted by The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation EU-ACP (CTA), in collaboration with the Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI) and UN/ECLAC.
Participants will be introduced to selected web 2.0 applications and will learn how to use them hands-on. They will get a chance to see what others have done, get hands-on experience on how to use innovative applications, and assess how they could adopt these innovations within the context of their work and organization.
- Introduction to the participatory World Wide Web (Web 2.0);
- Search Magic: How to conduct advanced multilingual online searches;
- Information Self Service: How to get selected information served to you via alerts and RSS feeds;
- Remote collaboration: How to develop content remotely using wikis and Google Docs;
- Online mapping: How to locate your organization and your projects on a online Map;
- How to communicate voice over the internet at (almost) no cost;
Participation in the Learning Opportunity is free of charge, but subject to acceptance by the organizers. The selected candidates will receive a confirmation of their participation. Most participants will come from agriculture related sectors.