Global Record of Stocks and Fisheries (GRSF) prototype is released
A first version of the Global Record of Stocks and Fisheries (GRSF) has been produced exploiting the capabilities offered by the BlueBRIDGE Virtual Resource Environments (VREs). In BlueBRIDGE VREs, it is now possible to access and manage stocks and fishery records from the three data contributors: FIRMS partners, RAM, and FishSource.
BlueBRIDGE is the new European consortium building data services for fisheries, aquaculture, ecosystem management, livelihoods and food system analysis. BlueBRIDGE services are built on top of the iMarine infrastructure … Find out more
The second BlueBRIDGE Technical Working Group (TWG) meeting for the Global Record of Stocks and Fisheries (GRSF) took place in Rome, Italy, at the FAO of the United Nations, 28 February - 3 March, 2017.
The meeting addressed the following topics:
Why GRSF? :
There is a need to provide an on-line knowledge base on the GRSF for a Blue Growth audience of ecologists, resource managers, market parties, and the general public with the long term objective to provide an evidence based information on the status of marine stocks and fisheries and promote responsible consumption.
In particular, the GRSF service:
By collating three global sources:
- RAM Legacy stocks DB (University of Washington), and
- FishSource (Sustainable Fisheries Partnerships - SFP),
the reporting coverage of any of these single entities in the GRSF will be increased, and by developing reporting standards future expansion capacities will be catered.
From BlueBridge Events:
- Second BlueBRIDGE Technical Working Group Meeting
- BlueBRIDGE Workshop - FAIR friendly research data catalogues: How far are we?, 3 April 2017, Barcelona
- The BlueBRIDGE WG Fisheries Data Interoperability Meeting at the 9th RDA Plenary Meeting, 6 April 2017, Barcelona