The Agricultural Libraries Special Interest Group invites you on the 16th of August to Session 205 on "Social networking for agricultural research, education, and extension service: an international perspective" of the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
IFLA World Library and Information Congress
The IFLA World Library and Information Congress will take place in Helsinki, Finland, on August 11-17, 2012. The congress brings together over 3,500 participants from more than 120 countries. It sets the international agenda for the profession and offers opportunities for networking and professional development to all delegates. The congress also offers an international trade exhibition with over 80 exhibitors and an exhibition of approximately 1000sqm.
Agricultural Libraries Special Interest Group
The IFLA Agricultural Libraries Discussion Group is aimed at promotion, development and support of library and information services for the benefit of the agricultural sector.
- To identify the information needs and barriers to information access by the primary producers
- To advocate the development of comprehensive and accessible library and information services for all members of the agricultural sector
- To promote public awareness of agricultural library services and information transfer issues
- To encourage and foster relevant ties among the organizations and institutions in the library community and information resource management sector
- To disseminate information in support of the goals and objectives of IFLA internationally