Meeting minutes: the JAD Content Model and next steps towards the publication of the JAD collection as LOD
- Definition of properties for the publication of the JAD collection as LOD
- Next Steps
Minutes and decisions taken
1.- The Content of the JAD Collection includes the Authority Control for Journals, DOAJ Journals, the AGRIS Journals with or without ISSN and “any input from the publishers once the access to the JAD Collection will be available from AIMS”.
- The final list of properties that should be used for the publication of the JAD Collection as LOD are available in The_JAD_Collection-25032011.pdf attached to this e-mail. There are still pending decisions with regard to:
- the properties for Date
- the property for the FAOTerm Code
- DCTERMS versus DC. when possible, DCTERMS should be used instead of DC
- The information from ISSN with regard to “Alphabet Code”, “Imprint”, “e-mail”, “medium” and “type” will not be published as LOD.
1.- Fabrizio will include the AGROVOC terms used for the journal articles to the journal record (max. 10 terms)
2.- Stefano will assure that the publication of UDC and DDC is authorized based on the contract agreement with ISSN.
3.- Armando will provide the properties missing for Date and FAOTerm Code
Pending decisions to be taken
1.- Should we use the same namespace for all the JAD material? The current one used for the authority control for journals is http://aims.fao.org/aos/journal/c_XXXX
Once this decision is taken and Fabrizio sent all the data Armando, Armando will be able to publish the JAD Collection as LOD.
2.- Management of the JAD Data: There are some constraints in the management of the JAD Data once the integration of the FAO OA Authority Control for Journals, DOAJ, AGRIS data and “any input from the publishers once the access to the JAD Collection will be available from AIMS” take place:
- At the moment, the FAO OA is only interested in the FAO Authority Control for Journals, so any webservice dedicated to the FAO AO should only publish the FAO Authority Control data
- AGRIS contains two big datasets (1) the journals 100% disambiguated using the ISSN (2) the journal that have not ISSN available. Once the first set can be easily maintain from the VocBench and most probably could be even of interest for the FAO OA Authority Control, the second dataset could be only interesting for being published as LOD and used by AGRIS due to possible inconsistencies.
Considering all this, how do we want to manage this information? Here below two options:
- A unique repository managed from the VocBench, with all the JAD Collection published as LOD (see Figure JAD_Collection_Framework-1.png)
- A repository managed from the VocBench containing the FAO OA Authority Control for Journals, DOAJ, AGRIS journals with ISSN and “any input from the publishers once the access to the JAD Collection will be available from AIMS”. The AGRIS Journals without ISSN stored apart. All the data, including AGRIS Journals without ISSN, published as LOD (see JAD_Collection_Framework-2.png)