ScienceOpen : a freely accessible research network
ScienceOpen is a freely accessible research network to discover and evaluate scientific information. Search among over 26 million articles and article records, filter by citation or Altmetric score, and share your expertise via comments or peer review.
ScienceOpen is an independent company (based in Berlin and Boston) founded in 2013, to make scholarly communication become reality. ScienceOpen is now an open platform for scientific communication (launched as such in 2014). Behind the idea of this platform there are decades of experience (of its team) in traditional publishing, academic research and computing.
As a freely accessible search and discovery platform, ScienceOpen puts research in context, thus allowing you to retrieve the most relevant results to your query. Research articles published on the ScienceOpen platform:
- are analyzed and linked via authors, citations, keywords, journals and more,
- can be shaped with comments, recommendations or post-publication peer review.
Because authors cite the best literature out there, ScienceOpen database is filled not with just the papers ScienceOpen aggregates (PLOS, F1000 Research, PeerJ, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press and others), but also with article records for all the papers they cite.
A search on ScienceOpen is much more flexible than Google for example – with super cool filtering tools like sort by Altmetric score, citations, date and usage, and ScienceOpen platform is freely accessible as compared to Scopus or Web of Science.
ScienceOpen is also a free network for collaboration for rewarding and encouraging Open Science practices. From informal networks to open access publishing, it offers a full spectrum of options to effectively share research results.
ScienceOpen works best when users (become member for free) are connected to their research. You can connect yourself to your research by updating your ScienceOpen profile. To a large extent, you can update your ScienceOpen profile by maintaining just your ORCID ID (you know who you are!) connecting research and researchers.
# Register for a ScienceOpen account and become part of the ScienceOpen Network
ScienceOpen for researchers:
- Search and discover relevant research;
- Share your expertise and get credit by commenting on or publicly peer reviewing any article;
- Apply to be a Collection Editor and advance your research field in the open.
ScienceOpen for authors:
- Publish fast, with rapid, editorially-controlled publication process (according to the ScienceOpen Peer Review Guidelines) - a critical part of open peer review in ScienceOpen;
- Publish efficiently, with ScienceOpen version control, type-setting and copy-editing services;
- Publish variety with any article format: original papers, negative results, case studies, reviews and more;
- Publish openly, with Creative Commons licensing
- Publish with CrossRef Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) that enable citation and cross-publisher citation linking;
- Have constructive, non-anonymous, transparent Post-Publication Peer Review that takes place after publication. ;
- Publish your research open access: for publishing on the platform, a publication fee will be charged.
NOTE THAT ScienceOpen offers to REDUCE or WAIVE publishing fees to those who demonstrate need. ScienceOpen’s waiver policy is open to those authors who apply (Application Form) and are affiliated with one of the countries enrolled in the HINARI program of the World Health Organization. Please also refer to our Editorial policy for further details.
# Click here to read Author Interviews
# Click here to read Board Interviews
ScienceOpen offers next generation indexing and context marketing services for publishers.
If your journal is Open Access and also charge no APCs (article-processing charges), apply for ScienceOpen next-generation abstracting and indexing services on ScienceOpen for free!
Fill the FORM out, and submit it to ScienceOpen team.
On the last day of every month, ScienceOpen will select and announce the winners via social media, and begin the next cycle. Out of the applicants, ScienceOpen will select up to 10 journals per month for free indexing, and the best application will get a free featured journal collection too. All others will roll over into the next month.
Journals indexed on ScienceOpen:
- Reach new audiences and maximize your readership
- Drive more usage to your journals
- Upload your content to a unique search/discovery and communication platform
- Open up the context of your content
Researcher-led topical ScienceOpen collections provide opportunities for discovery and communication. ScienceOpen is exploring new ways to open up contextual information for the scholarly community.
Regardless of whether you are an early career researcher or a senior scientist, have a background in natural sciences or study languages, work as a librarian or for a funding agency, ScienceOpen invites you to tell what makes you passionate about Open Science? Simply apply for ScienceOpen Activist and if you already have ideas on how to put ideas into actions: state them as well.
# Click here to read Open Science Interviews.
Last but not least…
ScienceOpen has teamed up with OpenAIRE and Digital-Science, alongside two of their portfolio companies – Figshare and Overleaf, to organise an OpenCon ‘satellite’ event (free to attend) to be held in Berlin on the 24-26th November.