Most popular posts and pages on AIMS
The page 'Most popular posts on AIMS' shows a continously updated list of the most voted posts and pages on AIMS. The vote and share widget is in use since the beginning of November 2012. You can find it at the bottom of each page, news, event or blog.
This voting system has also been implemented in the Questions & Answers section on AIMS (under the profile picture), in order to give users the opportunity to indicate the usability of the answers. Rate what you read and let us know which topics interest you!
- Vote OpenAGRIS in LODLAM's International Challenge before 15 December, 2012. More info
- AIMS presented at the Special Track on Open Access Repositories of MTSR 2012. More info
- The series of free webinars on Linked Open Data ([email protected]) started in December. More info
- New CIARD leaflet on solutions to open up access to agricultural knowledge. More info
- VOA3R organized a controlled experiment for reviewing lifecycle services More info
- OpenBiblio, a free integrated library software. More info
- Call for Papers Agricultural Libraries Special Interest Group (IFLA 2013). More info
- Library Hi Tech Journal seeks papers on LOV & LOD. More info
- Visit the updated AIMS Events Service. More info
- Know more about the Land portal: data aggregation and stakeholder dialog. More info
- Online event. NISO webinar - Behave Like a Startup: Adapting Your Organization to Rapid Change
- Greece. Athens Green Hackathon
- USA. CurateGear 2013: Enabling the Curation of Digital Collections
- The Netherlands. 8th International Digital Curation Conference
- Online event. Free Linked Data @ AIMS Webinars: Ibrahim Elbadawi (Arabic)
- Online event. Free Linked Data @ AIMS Webinars: Christophe Guéret (French)
What is Open Data? Data that can be freely used, reused and redistributed by anyone - subject only, at most, to the requirement to attribute and share alike. More information:
"It will be good to have a ‘one-stop-shop’ or a single place for agricultural information"
Lars Bjørnshauge is currently the SPARC Europe Director of European Library Relations. He is also the founder of the Directory of Open Access Journals, co-founder of OpenDOAR (the Directory of Open Access Repositories), and co-founder of the Directory of Open Access Books.
Lars is also currently the chair of IFLAs Open Access Task Force, which has the mandate of advocate for the adoption and promotion of open access policies as set out in IFLA’s Statement on Open Access within the framework of the United Nations institutions (UN, UNESCO, WHO, FAO), and develop case studies and best practices to support advocacy for open access.
The AIMS editorial team took the opportunity to interview him during his attendance at the UN-LINKS 2012 (United Nations Library and Information Network for Knowledge Sharing) meeting in Rome (Italy). Kindly Lars accepted to share his ideas on Open Access with the agricultural information management community.
Read the interview with Lars Bjørnshauge
The scope of the AIMS Newsletter is to bring under the attention of the AIMS community recent news, events and achievements in the field of agricultural information management. If you have any contribution, suggestion, or need assistance with the newsletter, please contact us at [email protected]
You received this message because you are subscribed to the AIMS Newsletter